Wednesday 19 December 2012

The Hills Have Ears


So here I am in America for a little while, exploring in the hills once again, but this time for longer. So the first thing I did was went on Craigslist LA and found myself a vintage recording studio to put in my flat. I totally lucked out because the day I arrived a guy called Jeff was selling his entire home studio that was put together in 1983. This means I get to have an awesome 16 channel analog console, a super cool desk and chair, racking system, patch bay, speakers, amps and selection of early digital reverb units, compressors, exciters and stuff. It was such a great deal, and whats more Jeff kindly delivered it and helped me wire everything up - THANKS JEFF! I was also helped by Tara and Maff - THANKS GUYS!


Heres the deal:
Yamaha RM1608 console
Hafler DH220 amp
Urei 809 speakers
Audiotone Cube speakers
Symetrix patchbays
MXR dual limiter
ART DR1 reverb
Roland SRV2000 reverb
Yamaha D1500 delay
EXR dual exciter

3 comments:

  1. But did he have a JP8 and a pool overlooking the city?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And there was me getting all excited over my recently acquired (for £40) fully working Peavey SRC 2400 console......

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy!

    ReplyDelete